The basket has been updated
Kefir Activated Cashew Milk Shot with Dates and Turmeric
If you have visited us at OmVed, it is more than likely you will have been greeted by Arthur's Kefir-Activated Cashew Milk, smooth and soothing and energising.
Kefir is a fermented milk drink similar to a thin yogurt that is made from kefir grains, a specific type of mesophilic symbiotic culture. The drink originated in the Caucasus, Eastern Europe and Russia, where it is prepared by inoculating cow, goat, or sheep milk with kefir grains.
- activated cashews (soaked for 2 hours with 1 tsp salt) 270g
- pitted dates 60g
- vanilla powder 1g
- salt 1g
- cold water 1250ml
- kefir milk 400ml
- grated fresh turmeric 1tsp
- bee pollen
- Strain the soaked cashews and rinse under running water and blend them up. Add the dates, vanilla and salt. Pour in 800ml of cold water and blend on a low setting.
- Gradually increase the power setting to blend the cashews into a puree. Blend well for 30 seconds. Add the remaining cold water and blend for a further 15 seconds before adding the Kefir milk.
- Give the mixture a final high tempo blend and pour the mixture into your serving glasses. Top with each with a pinch of bee pollen and serve.