The basket has been updated
Kohlrabi and Feta Salad with Fresh Red Chilli
This Kohlrabi (German turnip) based salad can aid with digestion and weight loss without compromising on taste.
Cheese and Chilli
Give your salad a tasty twist with some feta cheese and fresh red chillies
- bulbs of kohlrabi 3
- Feta Cheese 150g
- whole red chilli 1
- red wine vinegar 25ml
- Extra virgin olive oil 50ml
- sea salt to taste
- Remove the leaves from the kohlrabi and wash well. Trim off and compost the stalks and finely slice the leaves, place into a mixing bowl.
- Peel the kohlrabi (composting the peelings) and using a melon baller, scoop out balls from the kohlrabi in to a mixing bowl. When you can’t ‘ball’ anymore, cut the kohlrabi into chunks and add these to the mixing bowl too.
- Keeping the red chilli whole and using a sharp knife, slice thin rings all the way though the chilli, keeping the seeds add to the mixing bowl.
- Crumble in the feta cheese, keeping the chunks a similar size to the balled kohlrabi.
- Check the seasoning, and depending on the saltiness of the feta cheese, season a little with the sea salt. Portion the salad onto plates and serve with a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.