The basket has been updated
Mushroom Energy Bites
Did you know that in 2018 a regular shop-bought mushroom had been turned into an electricity generator in a process. Scientists hope will one day be used to power devices.
Mushroom health benefits
Medicinal mushrooms can help to balance out the immune system and also act as adaptogens to support the adrenal (the system of the body that deals with stress). They are general tonics for the body as a whole and are great to add to the diet during the cold and flu season.
Shelf life (refrigerated)
Shelf life (frozen)
- medjool dates 2 cups
- nuts (pecans, cashews, almonds etc) 1 cup
- pumpkin or mixed seeds 0.5 cup
- cacao powder 2-3 tbsp
- turkey tail (Trametes versicolor) or chaga (Inonotus obliquus) powder 2 tbsp
- honey or maple/ date syrup 2 tbsp
- In a blender, mill the nuts, seeds and cocoa and mushroom powder to a powder. Place in a bowl.
- Blend the dates in the blender and add to the dried ingredients.
- Press into a baking paper lined tray and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Slice into 4cm squares.
To increase the bioavailability of medicinal compounds in mushrooms they need to be prepared in a certain way. You can buy good quality powders from Hybrid herbs.