We're looking for an experienced and motivated Events Manager to join
our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution
of events taking place at OmVed Gardens. Ideally the candidate will be interested in
environmentalism, sustainability and community building. We expect the Events
Manager to bring commitment to providing a high-quality guest experience.
● Develop and implement effective event plans and strategies for scheduled
● Opportunity to curate community and outreach events with local community
● Liaise with staff, speakers, suppliers, service providers and volunteers to ensure
the successful delivery of the event.
● Coordinate with staff to ensure timely execution of tasks related to the event
(Budget, Communication, Promotion, Photography, Logistics, etc).
● Ensure appropriate marketing, promotion, and PR for each event in dialogue with
the Curator, Communications and Social Media Manager and Film and
● Maintain an up-to-date inventory of equipment and event supplies.
● Organise and supervise event setup, teardown and clean-up and ensure
successful completion of all events.
● Anticipate and respond to changing needs of stakeholders as events progress.
● Manage customer inquiries regarding the events and activities taking place at
● Maintain online events listings
● Manage event budgets
● Negotiate contracts and fees with event facilitators, speakers, suppliers and
● Monitor and analyse feedback from customers, staff, and other stakeholders in
relation to each of the events, preparing post-event evaluations and reports when
● Maintain accurate records of financial transactions, budgets, and related
● Ensure adherence to health, safety, legal, and risk management protocols, and
manage event permits and licenses when needed.
● Develop a pool of volunteers to provide extra help with events when needed.
● Proven track record of success in planning and organising a wide range of
● Financial Acumen and the ability to manage budgets and discuss fees.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
● Strong leadership and decision-making ability.
● Creative thinker able to develop and implement innovative event solutions and
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Organised and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work on tight
● Knowledge of basic AV setup and equipment for events.
● Ability to travel as needed for events.
Hours will vary depending on the number of events each month. In May and June 2023,
can guarantee a minimum of 20 hours per week. Must be available to work Saturday
mornings and occasional Sundays. This is a freelance part-time position that will require
working on site at Omved Gardens, North London and some working from home.
Competitive Salary based on experience
About OmVed Gardens:
OmVed Gardens is a garden, events and educational space in North London. Our
events revolve around the connection between people, nature, food, creativity
12 April 2023
How to Apply:
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Shortlist and Interviews:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted end of week commencing 10th April
Interviews will take place week commencing 17th April.