The basket has been updated
Roasted Radicchio and Beetroot with Rocket, Parmesan and Balsamic Vinegar
Roots, Plants and Cheese
Bold red beetroot and the flavor of Radicchio with vinegar and cheese is going to make get taste buds excited!
- Radicchio lettuce heads, roughly two heads 500g
- skin on beetroots, boiled until just cooked 500g
- Parmesan cheese 50g
- fresh rocket leaves 1 handful
- Sticky balsamic vinegar 50ml
- Extra virgin Olive oil 50ml
- sea salt to taste
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Cut the radicchio into eighths and place the wedges standing up on a baking tray. Cut the cooked beetroot into medium sized chunks and place on the roasting tray too.
- Season the radicchio and beetroot with salt and pepper and drizzle a little of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top and place into a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Gently wash the rocket leaves and pat dry, peel or slice the parmesan cheese into slivers.
- When cooked, remove the radicchio from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes. Arrange the pieces evenly across your serving plates and place the rocket and parmesan onto the dishes.
- Drizzle with the olive oil then the sticky balsamic vinegar, season lightly with sea salt and serve.