The basket has been updated
Salad of Toasted Cashew nuts, Cucumber, Kohlrabi and Caraway with a Yoghurt and Sesame Dressing
A nutritious Ramadan salad.
Serves 6 people
Salad of Toasted Cashew nuts, Cucumber, Kohlrabi and Caraway
With a Yoghurt and Sesame Dressing
- Cashew nuts
- Large Cucumber 1
- Kohlrabi 2 heads
- Chervil 1 small bunch
- Caraway seeds 2 tps
- fresh red chilli 1 tps
- Yoghurt, preferably plain Greek, with live cultures 100ml
- tahini 20ml
- Extra virgin olive oil 50ml
- honey 10ml
- Sumac 2tsp
- Seat salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts in a roasting pan in an oven set at 180degC until lightly golden brown. About 6-8 minutes.
- Wash the cucumber and peel the kohlrabi. Cut the cucumber and kohlrabi into irregular sized pieces, no bigger than your thumb, season them lightly with sea salt and retain in a sieve.
- Wash and pick the chervil, keeping the stalks, which you should chop finely and add to the draining cucumber and kohlrabi.
- Very lightly toast the caraway seeds to release their oils and aromas, in a small pan on the stove. Only for 2 minutes on a medium heat.
- Chop the fresh red chilli, keeping the seeds in if you like your salad hotter.
- To make the salad dressing, place the yoghurt into a mixing bowl and whisk until it loosens. Pour in the tahini, mixing well and then slowly drizzle in 40ml of the olive oil add 1 tsp of the sumac and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the cucumber, kohlrabi and chervil stalks into a mixing bowl, add the chopped chill and remaining sumac. Mix well and finally add the cashew nuts. Pour in the remaining olive oil, mix lightly and arrange on the serving plates. Drizzle over the salad dressing and finish off the salad with the picked chervil.