The basket has been updated
Simple Broccado on Toast
Ok, avocado is tasty, avocado is great, but it comes from oh so far away. For something as tasty, as good, and as nutritious (and a little closer to home) check out Jo's broccado (broccoli avocado) on toast.
- Half broccoli
- 1 tin of chickpeas or butterbeans (we have opted for dried, soaked overnight, then boiled 30mins)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (made from our harvest last year)
- Handful of any nuts you have
- Olive oil / Rapeseed oil
- Sprouted broccoli and lentils
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Calendula flowers
- Nasturtium salt
- Fry the garlic in olive oil until crispy and set aside.
- Parboil broccoli for 4 minutes in salted water, then rinse in ice cold water.
- Blend the chickpeas, broccoli, half of your fried garlic, some salt and pepper and apple cider vinegar. If you don't have a food processor, use a fork or a masher.
- Spread over nice toasty bread & top with pickles, sprouted broccoli seeds, tahini, olive oil and nasturtium salt if you have it.